WORKPLACE ESSENTIALS COURSES
- An Environmental Audit Primer
- Balanced Scorecard Basics
- Being A Team Player
- Beyond Workplace Politics- Using Social and Emotional Competencies
- Bullying in the Workplace
- Business Ethics for the Office
- Business Process Management
- Code of Conduct- Setting the Tone for Your Workplace
- Continuous Improvement with Lean
- Creating a Positive Work Environment
- Creating a Workplace Wellness Program
- Creating Successful Staff Retreats
- Crisis Management
- Cybersecurity 1- Fundamentals for Employees
- Developing a High Reliability Organization
- Developing a Safety Procedures Manual
- Digital Transformation
- Disability Awareness- Working with People with Disabilities
- Diversity Training- Celebrating Diversity in the Workplace
- Employee Accountability
- Encouraging Sustainability and Social Responsibility in Business
- Environmental Sustainability- A Practical Approach to Greening Your Organization
- GDPR Readiness- Getting Your Message Out
- Knowledge Management
- Lean Process Improvement
- Mobbing in the Workplace
- Planning for Workplace Safety
- Process Improvement with Gap Analysis
- Purchasing and Procurement Basics
- Safety in the Workplace
- Six Sigma- Entering the Dojo
- Strategic Planning
- Workplace Ergonomics
- Workplace Harassment- What It Is and What To Do About It
- Workplace Violence
FUNDAMENTALS FOR EMPLOYEES
Cyberattacks are increasing at an alarming rate. Radware reported that there were 2.3 billion data breaches in 2018 – almost three times more than the year before – which cost companies about $600 billion. Most companies have installed firewalls and other cyber defenses to stop cyberattacks, but they are not foolproof. In fact, one of the key risk factors in cyberattacks is human error. A recent Intel Security survey found that 97 per cent of people could not identify all the phishing emails in a sample of 10 emails.
The need for training of non-IT staff is critically important. This one-day course will ensure that staff gain an appreciation of company-wide measures to protect against cyberattacks and their own role in the success of these defense measures. Most importantly, it will help staff recognize phishing attacks, and when a cyberattack has been successful, understand what steps to take to mitigate the effect. The importance of practicing safe social media behavior to prevent cyber criminals from mining sensitive personal and company data will also be discussed. In the capstone activity each participant will create a personal cybersecurity plan.
What Will Students Learn?
- To understand the history and the current state of cyberattacks in terms of quantity and cost to business.
- To name and explain the methods used in various types of cyberattacks.
- How to outline the risk of human error in inadvertently contributing to the success of cyberattacks.
- To have an appreciation of company-wide measures to protect against cyberattacks and their role in the success of these defense measures.
- To explain the importance of a company culture that focuses on cybersecurity to successfully defend against attacks.
- To realize the social media mining activities of cyber criminals and be better able to practice safe social media behavior.
- To outline the information needed in a social media security policy.
- To understand and practice good security behaviors when working remotely or travelling.
- To recognize phishing attacks by identifying the subtle clues that are present in all phishing attacks.
- When a cyberattack has been successful, how to understand what steps to take to mitigate the effect.
- How to create a personal cybersecurity plan.
What Topics are Covered?
• Types of cyberattacks
• Role of human error
• What can a company do?
• Best practices for remote or travelling employees
• Cyberattacks on individuals
• Recognizing phishing attacks
• What can a person do?
• Creating a personal cybersecurity plan
• Small, interactive classes
• Specialized manual and course materials
• Personalized certificate of completion
At HomeUni we believe that success is making complex things simple, that is why we have partnered with top universities and awarding bodies around the world to bring you world-class online education at the time that is convenient, at the place that is homey and at the price that is affordable.
COPYRIGHT © 2021 HomeUni. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.