HUMAN RESOURCE COURSES
- Anger Management- Understanding Anger
- Appreciative Inquiry
- Building Better Teams
- Business Succession Planning
- Cannabis and the Workplace
- Conducting Effective Performance Reviews
- Conflict Resolution- Getting Along in the Workplace
- Creativity in the Workplace
- Employee Dispute Resolution- Mediation Through Peer Review
- Employee Recognition- Appreciating Your Workforce
- Employee Recognition
- Generation Gap
- Hiring for Success
- Managing Customer Service
- Onboarding- The Essential Rules for a Successful Onboarding Program
- Performance Management- Managing Employee Performance
- Problem-Solving and Decision-Making
- Public Relations Boot Camp
- Stress Management
- Successfully Managing Change
- Talent Management
- Transgender Employees- Creating an Inclusive Work Community
- Understanding and Coping with the COVID-19 Pandemic
There are currently five generations in the workforce. Only a few short years ago employers who were expecting to be faced with mass retirements are now looking at accommodating workers who cannot afford to retire, or are simply healthy and happy enough they’d like to stay at work. However, the labor force continues to put in hard work and lots of strategy to find the right people to fill vacancies and to be able to serve their customers.
This course examines the history and reality of the generation gap, especially for recruiters and succession planning. In it, we will explore whether defining the actual limits of each generation is most important, or whether the merits of people within the context of employment is the bigger issue. After all, understanding others helps us to understand ourselves and to manage the people that we work with. We will also explore problems, solutions, and strategies to help overcome issues of the generation gap.
What Will Students Learn?
- Identify where the generation gap issue surfaces, and the impact it has on the modern workforce
- Describe and apply language that is specific to each generation currently in the workplace
- Explore organization strategies that overcome gap issues
- Evaluate the need and effectiveness of recruiting, retention, and succession plans in context of the generation gap
What Topics are Covered?
• History in Brief
• Finding Common Ground
• Silents, Boomers, X’ers, Y’s, Millennials, and Gen Z
• Recruiting that Bridges the Gap
• Pre-Assignment Review
• Creative Solutions
• The Value of Planning
• Developing Targeted Retention Strategies
• What We Really Want
• Instruction by an expert facilitator
• Small, interactive classes
• Specialized manual and course materials
• Personalized certificate of completion
At HomeUni we believe that success is making complex things simple, that is why we have partnered with top universities and awarding bodies around the world to bring you world-class online education at the time that is convenient, at the place that is homey and at the price that is affordable.
COPYRIGHT © 2021 HomeUni. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.