CAREER DEVELOPMENT COURSES
- Active Listening
- Advanced Writing Skills
- Becoming a Better Learner
- Building Your Self-Esteem and Self-Confidence
- Business Etiquette- Gaining That Extra Edge
- Business Writing That Works
- Communication Strategies
- Conducting Accurate Internet Research
- Conflict Resolution- Dealing With Difficult People
- Conquering Your Fear of Speaking in Public
- Creating Winning Proposals
- Critical Elements of Customer Service
- Critical Thinking
- Delivering Dynamic Virtual Presentations
- Developing Your Executive Presence
- Emotional Intelligence
- Fostering Innovation
- Getting Your Job Search Started
- Goal Setting
- Honing and Delivering Your Message
- Identifying and Combatting Fake News
- Influence and Persuasion
- Introduction to Neuro Linguistic Programming
- Managing Pressure and Maintaining Balance
- Mastering the Interview
- Networking for Success
- NLP Tools for Real Life
- Personal Brand- Maximizing Personal Impact
- Project Management- All You Need to Know
- Project Planning- All You Need to Know
- Public Speaking- Presentation Survival School
- Public Speaking
- Research Skills
- Self Leadership
- Skills for New Employees
- Skills You Need for Workplace Success
- The Minute-Taker’s Workshop
- Time Management
- Working Smarter- Using Technology to Your Advantage
- Working with the Media- Creating a positive working relationship
- Writing Reports and Proposals
INFLUENCE AND PERSUASION
No matter who you are or what you do, whether at work or in the community, you are likely involved in meetings. Meetings are costly, whether they are held in a company boardroom or at the local coffee shop. To ensure that meetings are productive and worth the expense involved, three ingredients are necessary: an assurance of closure, a strong chair or leader, and accurate minutes. It has been said that if accurate minutes have not been recorded, then the meeting may just as well not have taken place.
If people can’t remember or agree on what actually occurred at a meeting, how can the group effectively accomplish its objectives? After this one-day workshop you will understand your role as a minute-taker and the best techniques for producing minutes that include all the essential information needed.
What Will Students Learn?
- Recognize the importance of minute-taking.
- Develop key minute-taking skills, including listening skills, critical thinking, and organization.
- Be able to resolve many of the complaints that affect minute-takers.
- Be able to write minutes that are suitable for formal meetings, semiformal meetings, and action minutes.
- Be an efficient minute-taker in any type of meeting.
- Be able to prepare and maintain a minute book.
What Topics are Covered?
• The role of a minute taker
• The skills of a minute taker
• Meeting agreements
• Minute styles (formal, informal, and action)
• What do I record?
• Techniques for preparing minutes
• The minute book
• Taking minutes in an interactive meeting
• Instruction by an expert facilitator
• Small, interactive classes
• Specialized manual and course materials
• Personalized certificate of completion
At HomeUni we believe that success is making complex things simple, that is why we have partnered with top universities and awarding bodies around the world to bring you world-class online education at the time that is convenient, at the place that is homey and at the price that is affordable.
COPYRIGHT © 2021 HomeUni. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.